Image Map

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Monterey Chicken. Nom nom nom!


chicken tomato cheese bacon




















Oh, man, oh man, oh heavenly jelly beans! Tried another Pinterest recipe because Pinterest seems to make me hungry…always hungry. The recipe is originally from the All Things Simple blog by Kim McCrary. Her picture of this awesomeness is much prettier than mine…

(source)

But here’s the recipe I followed “semi-exactly.”


Monterey Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. bar-b-que sauce (I used Sonny’s brand since we were out of my fave Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1/4 c. real bacon bits
1 c. colby and jack cheese, shredded
1 14 oz. can Rotel tomatoes, drained (canned with green chilies added)
sliced green onions (did NOT use any because Mr. LCH is picky)
pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound out chicken breasts to flatten. Season with pepper. Grill chicken until no long pink (we baked ours on a broiler pan) and place on baking sheet covered with foil (yeap, we forgot the foil). Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon bar-b-que sauce, 1/4 c. cheese, 1/4 c. tomatoes, green onions and one tablespoon of bacon bits. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted.
I promise ya, you’ll love them! Or I hope so anyways =)
monteray_chicken3monteray_chicken4
monteray_chicken1 
Linked up at:
Wednesday:
InLinkz.com
Thursday:

InLinkz.com
Friday:

InLinkz.com
Saturday:

InLinkz.com
Sunday:

InLinkz.com
Monday:

15 comments:

  1. This recipe looks really good! Def going to give it a try! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just fyi you wrote Monteray (main picture)instead of Monterey. it may not matter but just in case you missed it i thought i would let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, crud! Thank you! And no, I didn't even realize that I had started misspelling it :/

      Delete
  3. It happens to me all the time even after I have checked it dozens of times, ughhh.
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Wasn't it, Jeannie! We made it the night before last again minus the bacon since we didn't realize we were out. It was still good but bacon makes everything better, lol

      Delete
  5. I'm sure you can have this for breakfast right?!?! Oh my it looks good!
    newly following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! I eat anything for breakfast! There was a short time a couple of years ago that I ate baked french fries nearly every morning, lol. This morning I had a cherry ICEE from gas station down the store, lol.

      Delete
  6. um-yumm! I am so going to make this this week! Thanks for posting it. I always love a good recipe that has a fantastic review.
    Thanks for the inspiration

    Have a happy day
    Tausha
    sassystyleredesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, Tausha, for the sweet words =) I really hope you like it as well as we did. We even took leftovers the next morning to work and they heated up well.

      Delete
  7. Hey Kristen, thanks for visiting Petticoat Junktion and commenting on my mirrors and frames. I'm going to have to try this chicken, my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooo good. I was somewhat reluctant about putting the bbq sauce on the chicken. I didn't think it sounded good with everything else but I'm so glad it did. It just enhanced every bite =)

      Delete
  8. It looks so yummy Kristin! Love chicken recipes that are spicy! Have a lovely weekend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm ... this looks SO good! I've been looking for recipes to make with the hubby and using the spicy Rotel would be right up his alley :) Thanks for sharing this at the {what's shakin' link party} this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks AWESOME! I love Rotel! We would love to invite you to join us on Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes. I know my readers will go crazy for this as well!
    Mackenzie :)
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com/saturday-show-tell-20/

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!