Image Map

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Maxi Dress Fail…and then a SUCCESS!

maxi_dress_preview
Okay, so this was an interesting sewing experience. I first was inspired by Winthrop Chronicles’ 30 minute maxi! Isn’t it the cutest!? Love the color too and Sarah looks great in it! Me? Um, no, not so good. My $9.82 jersey knit maxi was about to be $59.82 because this girl needed some Spanx! It was fun and easy to make but I just didn’t think it was as flattering on me with all my lovely lumps and whatnot so ONWARD to Take 2!

Oh, this is me excited before I realized the ‘me’ in my new dress did not reflect the ‘me’ I was seeing in my head! Nope, I am not 50 pounds lighter wearing a cute chunky belt Winking smile
30minmaxi
full maxi2
To make my babbling and rambling a little more easier to understand, I whipped up some crude drawings to help =)
Okay, here’s the dress outcome after following Sarah’s tutorial over at the Winthrop Chronicles.
maxi_dress_cuts
The pink dotted lines are where I made my cuts! Discard the top piece unless you want to save it to make t-shirt necklaces like I did =)
maxi_dress_cuts2
Here’s what I did!
maxi_dress_diagram
After pics…
refashioned maxi
My fold over waist turned out like I wanted it too =) Instead of comfy yoga pants,  I now have a comfy yoga dress!
refashioned maxi roll top
And for good measure (and so y’all don’t think I’m always headless), here’s me!
refashioned maxi2_mustache
Hope everyone has a great Independence Day tomorrow! Until next time!

Linked up at:
Tuesday:
InLinkz.com
Wednesday:

InLinkz.com
Thursday:

InLinkz.com
Friday:

InLinkz.com
Saturday:

InLinkz.com
Sunday:

7 comments:

  1. way to make it work. I hope you'll stop by and add this and any other posts you're proud of to my Wednesday What We Wore, Read, and Made Link party

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marissa! I was glad that I was able to save it =)

      Delete
  2. Love your Maxi skirt! So awesome that you turned it around and rocked it after it not fitting the way you wanted.. I love it!
    Hope you will join in my under 300 followers blog hop @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2012/07/under-300-followers-blog-hop-9.html
    I am your newest follower~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little afraid of maxi dresses having a few lovely lady lumps myself ;) but your maxi skirt came out great! thanks so much for sharing this at the {what's shakin' link party}!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fumble/recovery! I think I'm in for my fair share of those in this blogging endeavor. Glad I'm not alone. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the end result. Way to stick with it and make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute skirt. It looks way better than the maxi dress.
    Thanks so much for linking up to the Pinworthy Projects party!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!