Image Map

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Kenna’s room finally started

Well, we’re getting closer and closer to moving into our new house. We’re going to start officially moving stuff in this weekend so in the meantime, I’m packing AND I’ve went over to start painting Kenna’s room! Remember my inspiration and mood board?

image
(Inspiration source)

image

The more and more I thought about a pink room, the less I was gung-ho about it. Clara’s room in my inspiration board up top looks lighter and just pretty-in-pink but my mood board looks more mauve. I am not a fan of mauve =/ Buuut, I went ahead and bought Olympic ONE paint + primer and had it color matched to Benjamin Moore’s Proposal. The cool thing about Lowe’s is even though my store doesn’t sell BM paints, they have the color’s in their computer =)

So now a few before and afters of a pre-teen’s room being transformed SLOWLY to a toddler’s room.

Kennas room before

Those corner shelves? Yeah, there’s a set in two of the corners and there’s also shelves lying on that bed that I pulled off the walls. I‘m going to keep the straight shelves, paint them white and maybe rehang in a group but the corner shelves I want to take out. They were screwed in with wood screws and VERY sturdy and I didn’t have any tools with me. Taking those out means filling holes and repainting too. Sigh.

Kennas room before2

Kennas room before3

Oh, and the bed was left for us but we’re gifting it to my niece who needs a big girl bed =) See where there’s paint missing in some spots like above the window? The pre-teen, who’s also my husband’s cousin, had mirrored peace signs around the room. Oh, I remember those days but I didn’t have a cool room like this!

Kennas room during

Kennas room during2

And that door knob and the light switch/outlet plates need to be switched out. So there’s a few things that need to be done but it’s on it’s way and I am very excited.

More after pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!